COVID19 Tracking Report – April 3, 2020
Comments on today’s report, April 3, 2020.
- The new chart, Hospitalization by Age Group, shows why COVID19 is not just a problem for old people. Yes, if you’re under 60, the hospitalization rate is only 12.6%, but that’s still 93 people out of the 739 cases. This chart also shows why seniors need to be especially careful, since their hospitalization rate is 39.3%
- A bit of good news: Encinitas continues to have a better doubling rate than the county and the nation. But the doubling rate got worse for Carlsbad and the county.
- U.S. new cases per day per 100K people is on a steady upward trend, almost double what it was 5 days ago. This reflects outbreaks in several states outside New York, most notably New Jersey, Michigan, Massachusetts, Louisiana and Florida.
- The backlog of pending cases in California continues to be almost 60,000.
- Added a new chart, Hospitalization Rate by Age Group. This is for San Diego County only, and is based on county data from April 3, 2020.